Saturday, November 3, 2007

words digitized

Laundry day. Started late. Usually have the second-to-last load in by now; instead, first just went in. The drive to and from Virginia yesterday was tiring. I needed to sit and veg; so, I did.

I’ve got the Busch Series NASCAR race on. In Texas today – super-speedway. I love watching the junior varsity. They rack up accidents like a monkey collects ticks. And at 190 MPH, it should be fun to watch the parts fly. I do, contrary to popular belief, hope that the parts are limited to car parts and do not include body parts. I hate all the mourning the commentators do for weeks after someone gets bent into the Parivrttta Janu Sirsasana pose around the dashboard and asphyxiates when whatever passes for a carburetor in one of those vehicles is crammed so far into his face that his larynx becomes beach-front property.

Next week is sunny Orlando, Florida! Um, yuk. Really. A conference full of people with “I’m-on-a-company-paid-vacation-I-am-so-top-of-the-world-who’s-got-the-hospitality-suite-tonight-I-mean-really-whose-leg-you-gotta-hump-to-this-job-my-name’s-Jim-you-can-call-me-Jimmy-what’s-your’s?” smiles. Maybe my plane will crash on the way there – can always hope.

I’m disappointed. Been doing things here. Wrote the above way over a hundred laps ago. No yoga.

btw, I just found out what I am: quacksalver: n. one who falsely pretends to knowledge of medicine. It’s good to know what one is.

My dad liked John Wayne a lot. Seemed to be more his generation. He was still making new movies during my childhood, which I enjoyed, but he also got sick and died. How, expiration aside, could you not like a guy who said, ” "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

The other day I mused about Russia not needing the death penalty because they could just murder their dirt. But “murder” is, supposedly, a coroner’s conclusion. My proposition still hands. And furthermore, let’s add this: Countries with highest suicide rates (totals per 100,000 people per year, as of June 2006): … 2. Russian Federation: 38.7. The US is number 45 on the list. My homeland, Lithuania, is number 1.

Think the world isn’t a dangerous place? Your number will change as auctions come and go, but as of this writing, there are 606 jell-o mold items on eBay.

This is interesting: Personality types by blood type.

Type A:

  • Best traits: Conservative, reserved, patient, punctual, perfectionist, and good with plants.
  • Worst traits: Introverted, obsessive, stubborn, and self-conscious. Anal retentive.
  • Famous examples: George H.W. Bush, O.J. Simpson, Britney Spears

Type B:

  • Best traits: Creative and passionate. Animal-loving. Optimistic and flexible.
  • Worst traits: Forgetful, irresponsible, individualistic.
  • Famous examples: Akira Kurosawa, Jack Nicholson, Luciano Pavarotti

Type AB:

  • Best traits: Cool, controlled, rational. Sociable and popular. Empathic.
  • Worst traits: Aloof, critical, indecisive, and unforgiving.
  • Famous examples: John F. Kennedy, Marilyn Monroe, Mick Jagger

Type O:

  • Best traits: Ambitious, athletic, robust, and self-confident. Natural leaders.
  • Worst traits: Arrogant, vain, and insensitive. Ruthless.
  • Famous examples: Ronald Reagan, Queen Elizabeth, John Lennon

I’m type O (negative). There’s a certain comfort in being self-confident and insensitive.

Gotta go …

No comments:

Post a Comment