Monday, October 20, 2008

smearbusters busting moi?

So I check my SiteMeter, and I see a new entry: Smearbusters.org.

I calmly think, "My, a new site! Let me check it out!"


I click, and think with a smirk, "WTF?"

Below the fold, it reads, "Work Status: Mon. 10/13/2008 - 8:51. New State, Open. By, admin.

They are so efficient! How cute!

My post is here. I recount Obama's problems with math. He cites all different numbers about the voters he registered for ACORN, his salary as a freelance zoning officer, and his number of years wandering the streets looking for code violations. I give line and verse, including cites and links to Obama's own words for everything I wrote.

Their busting of my "smear" follows.

Who are these clowns? I don't even mention Ayers. How utterly pathetic. These guys can't reason their way out of a paper bag. It is to laugh.

William Ayers is a professor of education at the University of Illinois at Chicago, with whom Barack served on the board of an education-reform organization in the mid-1990's. According to the Associated Press, they are not close: "No evidence shows they were "pals" or even close when they worked on community boards years ago ..." (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D93KD6Q00&show_article=1)

Smear groups and now the McCain campaign are trying to connect Obama to acts Ayers committed 40 years ago - when Barack was just eight years old. Here's what the New York Times reported on the connection (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/04/us/politics/04ayers.html)

But the two men do not appear to have been close. Nor has Mr. Obama ever expressed sympathy for the radical views and actions of Mr. Ayers, whom he has called "somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago, when I was 8."

Barack has publicly denouncedAyers' radical actions from the 1960's (http://blog.washingtonpost.com/fact-checker/2008/02/obamas_weatherman_connection.html):

Senator Obama strongly condemns the violent actions of the Weathermen group, as he does all acts of violence. But he was an eight-year-old child when Ayers and the Weathermen were active, and any attempt to connect Obama with events of almost forty years ago is ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment