Saturday, November 15, 2008

this is why i am pro-life

This why I am pro-life. Is abortion appropriate in some instances? I am not getting into the bastardization of the phrase "health of the mother." It has been so abused as to include "mental health" and therefore "depression" and accordingly "stress" and thereby "financial pressures of having another mouth to feed." Is it fair to require a raped woman to bear the child of the rapist? Good question. Can't a parent make a decision concerning a genetically defective child? Dunno. I chose to take what came.

But here's the flip side: You work to allow abortion in any and every circumstance. Stop trying to point to exceptions and call them the reason for the rule. See the child below? See the doctor holding its body down so he can get access to the brain? Explain that to me. That baby is 24 weeks old. You've work to allow this procedure regardless of viability, without any restriction. Explain that to me. Help me understand. Because I've thought about this a lot. I've worked it from all sorts of different angles. I just don't get it. Maybe you're just more "enlightened" than me. I'm listening.


The rest of the drawings (described as - the images shown above "accurately depict" the partial-birth abortion method, and that "the images are size-appropriate to a fetus of approximately 24 weeks gestation.") and a link to the full paper is here.

2 comments:

  1. one excellent way to prevent abortion is to not get pregnant. why not shift some emphasis and energy to the prevention of pregnancy - you'll eliminate a lot of abortions that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree completely, mark. but society is not listening - we're coming up on 50 million abortions since 1972.

    ReplyDelete