Monday, December 17, 2012

Trash & Vaudeville

So I was in this store yesterday - Trash and Vaudeville.  I bought a very cool coat, but I don't see it on the site.  It gold and black stripes.  Black velvet collar and pockets.  Long - mid-thigh.  Let me go take a pic.  Hang on ... OK, back.  Here it is:


What do you think?  Check out the buttons.  They're huge!


It's the ultimate in pimp.  I'm digging it.

The store is amazing.  It's in SoHo. I bought the coat upstairs.  This description from the wiki: The store has occupied the same location in St. Mark's Place, a punk rock mecca, since the early 1970s. They are famous for supplying stars like The Ramones, Debbie Harry, and Blondie with clothing during the golden age of punk rock in the 1970s and 80s, as they still do today.

Met the owner. Nice guy. Here's a video ... this is him:



Cool place.  Here's their Facebook.  Just watched the video.  My coat is at 1:36!  Too funny.

OK.  I'm done.  Love my coat.

It is fitting, however, since my g-g-grandfather made the pianos for Vaudeville, and I got my piano this past Saturday.  Heaviest. Single. Object. I. Have. Ever. Moved. Ever. Ouch.  Four guys.  Had to put it on its side to make it to the front door of where we got it.  Heavy.  Then the 3/4" plywood let out a loud crack as it split.  It held.  Getting it into my office was easier.  I'll put up a picture later on.  I think it looks good.

I'm spacing.  Sorry.  Very tired.  Have a good evening.  Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment