Friday, March 12, 2004

Just a quick note

I have heard Kerry say over and over again, "I think my speech on the Senate floor could not have been more clear," and "I think I was crystal clear on my position."

The interviewer then drops that line of questioning and moves on. Days later, the conservative media responds by quoting his speech or earlier statement and demonstrates that, in fact, Kerry was everything but clear.

I am reminded of Clinton saying, "I think we all know what we are talking about," when asked about the meaning of sexual relations.

It was a dodge then and it is a dodge now. Too bad for Kerry that he possess the dossier of a legislature - too much public history to hang him on. He also hasn't devoted his entire life to running for president and so has said things that felt good at the time but do not stand up to the test of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment