Saturday, June 19, 2004

I feel so pretty!!!

One of my favorite e-mails of the day is the Best of the Web from James Taranto at the OpinionJournal.com. Yesterday's was particularly fun to read.

There I am reading for info and amusement, when a title comes up -
Kerry's Fuzzy Math. I read with interest, recognizing that I was glad someone called Bullwinkle out for this sad assertion of his. Then I found out it was ME!!!

I occasionally send these posts to Rush and Sean (never a peep from either of them - but try, try, try). I think I sent the Opinion Journal one quite a while ago (not sure on that). Well, the Kerry assertion was so bad, and it fell right into my wheelhouse like a hanging curve - I teach this stuff. So I wrote about it quickly, shipped it off to Rush and Taranto ... and the rest is my thirty seconds of fame.

I feel like Steve Martin in "The Jerk" when the new phone book came out with him listed in the white pages ... dancing around screaming, "this is the type of instant advertising I need!" And I thought I was just another girl on the runway ... OK, I'm over myself now.

No comments:

Post a Comment