Thursday, August 12, 2004

Leave it to Lynne.

Excerpts:

Kerry said: "I believe I can fight a more effective, more thoughtful, more strategic, more proactive, more sensitive war on terror that reaches out to other nations and brings them to our side and lives up to American values in history."

"I just kind of shook my head when I heard that," Mrs. Cheney said. "With all due respect to the senator, it just sounded so foolish. I can't imagine that al-Qaida is going to be impressed by sensitivity."

Her husband, who by the way is vice president, said, "President Lincoln and General Grant didn't wage sensitive wars. Nor did President Roosevelt or Generals Eisenhower and MacArthur."

Kerry spokesman Phil Singer said the Massachusetts senator was alluding to the need to work with allies rather than pursue "an arrogant foreign policy," as Democrats contend Bush has done.

Oh, that clears it up. Thanks. I feel so much more secure knowing the French will reciprocate our request for a group hug.

Upbraided by the vice president's wife. This guy is in real trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment