Thursday, September 9, 2004

This Teresa Heinz woman is amazing. There is no room for discussion. You no agree with me, you be an idiot. Actually, she said, "Of course, there are idiots," and "Only an idiot wouldn't like this."

There is something comforting, I suggest, in being told that if I don't see things her way then I am to be classified as a "A foolish or stupid person. A person of profound mental retardation having a mental age below three years and generally being unable to learn connected speech or guard against common dangers." (Thank you American Heritage Dictionary).

Maybe Terry should finish reading the dictionary entry: "The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive."

Besides her offensive manner, let's look into what she is talking about: her boy-toy's Health Care Plan. She gives no details, just condemnations.

So let's go to her boy-toy's site. His health-care plan?

He will cut premiums but provides no details on how this will be accomplished. he does claim that premiums have increased by $2,600 per family under W and that he will get $1,000 of that back. But no further information is given.

He will cover 95% of everyone including every child. How? Who is going to pay for this? Is this socialized medicine? Hillary II? Not a single detail is given.

He will allow Canadian drugs to come back in. Sounds populist.

He will cut paperwork requirements and increase privacy. Platitudes.

Only an idiot couldn't agree with all that. But wait, what am I agreeing with? I have learned nothing about how he is going to achieve these things.

But as Terry reminds me, I am a "common man." I guess I don't need to know the specifics.

No comments:

Post a Comment