Monday, September 22, 2008

chicago bubba

There is a link inside this article to the Jawa Report’s source analysis. It seems that the big push behind the Palin smears has been the Obama campaign itself. Yes, of course, there is plausible deniability in place. Obviously. But the overlaps include specific people, production techniques, and placement techniques.

I have no hesitation in asserting that Axelrod was a motivator – if not key player – in the smear campaign. How very sad.

What would happen if the wagons were circling around McCain’s camp because his campaign manager went after Biden with similar unfounded slurs? You can bet the MSM would be frothing at the mouths like rabid dogs until a head was tossed into their midst. I have no illusions that they will act the same in this situation.

If someone says, “This is the way politics is done,” my rejoinder would be two-fold. First, no, it is not done this way. Only children that have not followed politics for decades think that Hollywood depictions are real. Yes, it is a rough and tumble sport. But we seek to win, not destroy someone’s family based upon made-up bullshit in the process. Second, Obama was supposed to be some great next-generation politician, someone above all the brutality. Turns out those words were just said because they sounded good, maybe polled well. It is becoming clear that he is like Bill Clinton without a soul. Ouch.

It was actually a small thing, but Trump was being interviewed the other day by some CNN hack – could’ve been another liberal outlet, but I think it was CNN. The Donald mentions Biden’s plagiarism during law school, something well-documented and admitted to by Biden. The interviewing slog said, “I don’t know what you are talking about. I guess perhaps that you have a better memory about such things than I do.” I thought – hunh? This guy is running for VEEP and you don’t know his history in even the slightest way? You seem to know everything about Palin, and do so with the grandest of “right to know” lines. But Biden? You don’t even KNOW of the issue? Whew …

I don’t mind investigating politicians running for office. It is a hallmark of our society that we go after them harshly.

What I do mind is when the press turns an absolute blind eye towards the candidates they support. Biden has a history – know it. Obama’s people have their fingerprints on the Palin smear – the evidence has been gathered for you – investigate it.

I like a level playing field, and then let the best man or woman win. Anything else is cheating. Cheating is lying. I detest liars. I never forget when someone has lied to me. I never trust them again. It’s like my creed.

See the Nietzsche quote towards the bottom of the right column? “I’m not upset that you lied to me. I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment