Tuesday, April 14, 2009

External safety

I have a statistical analysis I want to do. The question is this: Over the past 100 years, which locale(s) have had the fewest combined earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, blizzards, and floods taking into account economic loss and loss of life?

I've come to learn that life has enough internally generated challenges; seems prudent to minimize the risk of external ones.

The locale(s) identified need to be in an area at 50 miles square - locating in the middle of a 2,500 square-mile area seems safe.

My initial assumption is that the locale will be in the upper South. I recall Kentucky getting tornadoes, so it won't be that far west - but I'll verify that.

I'll post my source data as I find it. I'll start with incident data, and then after several places are identified, I'll look at loss data.

Hey, FEMA, little help - where have you never gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment